Friday, June 12, 2009

Painting in NYC


I am behind in posting due to a recent visit to NYC and the end of school.  There are lot's of demands on my time and usually I try to get a painting in regardless but the exception seems to be when the kids are home for the summer and holidays.  I just returned from a trip in to New York to attend the Richard Schmid at the Salmagundi Club opening.  It was fun but nothing to compare to the rush I got from painting in Central Park and Union Square.  Next I hope to go up and stay for a week and just paint everywhere. Here are the two 6X8 paintings I squeezed in one day of the three day trip...just little studies but I think I caught the mood.  
Thanks for your interest !

1 comment:

  1. Kate, How great to meet you! I really wish I could have met you in NYC and you are right: kindred spirits. I like your city paintings~ you did catch the mood. Let's try to keep up with each other and maybe we will get to paint together some day.
    Are you on FB?

    ReplyDelete